Millie’s Digest: Lots of New Stock, Daily Mail frustration and Dog Crate Covers
What!??! I know.. we’re releasing a Millie’s Digest before 8 pm on a Sunday night ;0) Don’t worry.. I’ve packed all the normal updates into this week’s Millie’s Digest!
What’s Been Going on At Millie’s Pet Services?
#1 FURSday Blog
We’ve been continuing to meet lots of gorgeous furiends and the cutest of puppies! And while many new dog owners want their dog to smell fresh and look great, we cover 5 reasons to groom your dog in our FURSday blog HERE.
#2 Sunday Bites
I know.. how on earth did the last 8 weeks fly by!?!??! You can find the very last of our 8 part series over on the blog HERE. Keep an eye out for our eBook with all 8 recipes and a couple of bonus ones, coming soon!
#3 Next Available Grooming Dates
March dates have been filling up and we have just two appointments available over the next two weeks – Saturday 3rd March (9 am) and Saturday 10th March (9 am) . Do just hit reply or give us a call on 01241 857893. If we have any changes, I’ll make sure we post those dates over on Facebook HERE.
#4 Expanding our Stock Ranges
You may have spotted on Facebook that we’ve been suffering from ‘buffalo-gate’ and are completely sold out of our Buffalo range (booo!). While there is no sign of new stock in at our wholesalers, lots of ‘other’ new stock has arrived this week:
- We’ve expanded our Forthglade stock to include a much wider selection of their wet food and treats (we’ve some grain free salmon treats open for our furiends who are popping by!)
- Innocent Hound sausages are in stock and as the supplier was running a little offer, due to packaging changes, we’ve been able to match this. We have 2 for 1 on their sliced and whole sausages (£4.95).
- Innocent Hound also have cat treats too! Well we didn’t want to leave them out ?
- New sweet potato chews (small and large) are also now in stock for those chewers seeking an organic treat
- Field and Trial dry food now on our shelves as well as being available to order
- Simpson’s dry food also now available our shelves as well as being available via order.
#5 And Finally…
Did you know you can know weigh your dog in the shop? Yep, our big doggy scales have arrived ;0)
What I’ve Been Reading/Watching:
- I’m starting with an article in the Daily Mail HERE that has me more than frustrated this week. There are some sweeping statements about the choice of dog breed and how it reflects their ‘class’. Be prepared to get annoyed ;0)
- If you fancy trying out flyball with your dog, Perthshire Streamlinerz are running an open day on the 14th April. You can find all the info HERE.
- Another Dog Show has been announced for the 8th and 9th September in Glasgow. You can find all the info on the event HERE and while you are unable to take your furiend, you can talk to doggy experts, meet our favourite breeds, enjoy brilliant performances and displays and more!
- I love this initiative from the Woodland Trust where you can dedicate a single tree or an area of woodland from a quarter of an acre or more. You can do this in your dog’s name and you and your pet will be giving something back to the woods. The closest wood to Carnoustie is based over in Fife and you can dedicate a tree from £15. I’ve just added these woods to my adventure list!
What’s in Millie’s Shopping Cart:
We’re always on the look out for new and fresh doggy related products and it’s even better when you find Scottish designers doing just that!
We stumbled across DAFTPUP handmade collars and leads on Instagram and quickly placed an order with view to stocking in the shop. I cannot wait to test and share more of their designs with you!
And of course.. we’ve gone for our brand colours but just look at the range of colours they can make ;0)
Our Must Visit Business of The Week – The Cosy Canine Company:
I’ve gotten to know this fab brand through #woofwoofwednesday over on Twitter each week. I love their choices of fabric that they use in their dog crate covers and they have recently expanded to make body bags and poop bag dispensers too.
If you’re fed up with how your dog crate looks at home, do check them out on Etsy HERE (can I have the red spot one please!!).
Until the next Millie’s Digest.. have a fab week!
Vicky (and Millie too) xx